|---A Leading Arab-Palestinian NGO in Israel is seeking a Full-Time
انشر الخبر على
A Leading Arab-Palestinian NGO in Israel is seeking a Full-Time
Director of Development and Public Outreach
The Galilee Society – the Arab National Society for Health Research and Services (http://gal-soc.org) is a non-partisan Palestinian NGO registered in Israel. Established in 1981, the Galilee Society (GS) is the senior most Arab civil society organization in Israel and one of the largest ones to date.
Since its inception, the Galilee Society has worked to achieve equitable health, environmental, and socio-economic conditions and development opportunities for Palestinian citizens in Israel. As such, the Galilee Society fosters and maintains alliances with local, regional, and international bodies – from citizens’ groups, municipal and local councils, to professional associations. To date, the Galilee Society has established itself as a major provider of local community health, environmental, and development projects; as the standard bearer in health and environmental advocacy on behalf of Palestinian citizens of Israel and their elected representatives nationally; and as an active participant in the struggle for equity in health and development for national ethnic minorities in industrialized countries internationally. The Galilee Society promotes human and minority rights via social, economic and legal reform – thereby erasing the delineation of human rights and social development as distinct spheres – and pursues development within the guiding and inalienable framework of universal human rights.
The Position of Director of Development and Public Outreach is pivotal to the organization. Working closely with the General Director and heads of other departments, as well as with the staff of the Department of Development, the Director is responsible for resource development and fundraising, including grant writing, contract compliance and liaising with current and potential donors; developing new projects together with the implementing staff; assisting with monitoring and evaluation of on-going projects; leading the Galilee Society’s public relations and community outreach efforts including nurturing relationships with civil society organizations, embassies, governmental agencies and other stakeholders and contribute to the bi-monthly newsletter, annual report, website features and various additional publications.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position. Familiarity with Arab civil society in Israel – an advantage, familiarly with the organization’s thematic fields – an advantage;
- A minimum of B.A in relevant fields (i.e. business, sociology, public policy). Advanced degrees – an advantage;
- English – mother tongue (or equivalent);
- Fluency (writing, reading, speaking) in either Arabic or Hebrew. Proficiency in all three languages – an advantage;
- Exquisite proven writing and analytical skills;
- Commitment to human rights, particularly in the Middle-East and/or Israel/Palestine context;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team, function well under pressure and lead and manage a staff
To apply send a CV (including publications) and cover letter IN ENGLISH to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pleasestate “Director of Development Position” as the subject. Due to the number of applicants, only relevant applicants will be responded. The position will remain open until staffed.
Location: Shefa-Amr (30 minutes from Haifa), Israel; for immediate hiring